Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

Let's go to the beach!

I love visiting Cardiff Bay. Who would have thought that somewhere so nice and peaceful could be inside a city? There's always so much to do at Cardiff Bay, it's a lovely place to go for walks, ride a bike or even just people watch. Because it's summer, Cardiff Bay has opened up it's own beach in Roald Dahl Plass. 

Before I had seen the beach, I thought it would just be a small area cornered off and filled with sand. I was so wrong. There are fair rides, little beach huts selling gifts, a swimming pool and games like hook a duck.


It felt more like a carnival than just a beach, but that's what I loved. They had created a really nice atmosphere and it was good to be able to wander around it for free. 

It's such a nice idea to bring the seaside to the city. 


Another event that is also happening at Cardiff Bay is Blysh. They have lots of shows on and they put on a silent disco about two weeks ago. I'd never been to a silent disco before but I will definitely go to one again! It took place in the Spiegel tent (you can see it to the left of the picture above). It's so funny to walk into the middle of the dance hall and hear nothing but the sounds of strangled cats. Oops, I mean people singing! Because we had to wear headphones to hear the music and switch between two DJs, we felt as though no one could see us and danced badly.

Cardiff Bay, you're too awesome. 





No comments:

Post a Comment